MathJax

MathJax

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Two videos I thought were something



Stupidly I thought all the strings were sampled when I first listened to this band on the KEXP in studio performance. Probably just some guy with a bunch of pedals and loops or something. And the vocals seemed that sort of alterna-cute that I've been growing to loath the last few years. Listened to the whole show, however, and decided that they were inarguably good. Jotted the name of the band down on a scrap of paper so I could get a look on YouTube and this is what I found. Now, I admit that violin girl had me pretty much transfixed the first time I watched the video, but the music grows on me more and more. I even see the goodness of the vocals. It all works together and isn't just another copy of god knows how many alterna-bands.




I particularly like this video. The way that they have used the old, grainy, washed out VCR footage, and cut it to make it follow the feeling of the songs seems really excellent to me. The girl throws off such a vibe - but she just doesn't move at all - ties one in knots. All really great work in the video. I wasn't sure whether I liked the song the first time I heard it, but it gets better and better as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment